Re: Europa-List: Ammeter spike

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ammeter spike
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 16:16:21
Id need to see your wiring schematic, and understand exactly when this surge
 occurs....but there will be a surge if the capacitor is in a discharged sta
te, and if there is a switch and shunt between the capacitor and the ducatti
 dump-regulator output, and this switch is closed after the engine is alread
y running.

> On Oct 7, 2017, at 3:17 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com> w
rote:

> Pete
> thanks.  Is this a problem/potential problem?  Or is this a short term eve
nt?
> Will
>
> William Daniell
> LONGPORT
> +57 310 295 0744
>
>> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 2:31 PM, Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> Depending upon where the large capacitor is, yes, it could spike like tha
t of it was discharged.

>> > On Oct 6, 2017, at 11:52 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.c
om> wrote:

>> > I have a dynon skyview and the ammeter reads off the shunt per dynon ma
nual.  My electrical system is standard europa without deviation and i have a
 rotax 912

>> > The last time a flew when i started the engine had a red x over the amm
eter (ie not working) where it had worked on the previous flight.

>> > I pulled the alt 30A cb which reset the "instrument" and thereafter it r
ead normally.  I left the 30A battery cb set during this process.

>> > My question:  When I pulled the cb the amp reading, once it came alive,
 spiked up to 60A.  I immediately reset the cb and everything settled back d
own to its normal readings.