Europa-List: fuel level sensor under the headrest

Subject: Europa-List: fuel level sensor under the headrest
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 17:44:03
I have been Reading the questions and issues with respect to the fuel
gauge sender unit.

When I put it in I still had faith in the instructions and therefore put
it, like the instructions told me to, under the raised seat/back
headrest thing.

I did not use sealant (cos the instructions didn=99t tell me to)
but from the posts it appears I should have.  Also there have been a
number of people suggesting that it would be a good idea to hoover out
the tank before starting the engine.

I assembled the tank and put it into the cockpit module at least 5 years
ago and haven=99t put fuel in yet.

So what does the assembled wisdom advise?  Should I do nothing (wait and
see)?  Should I cut the headrest off take the fuel sender out, hoover
out, apply sealant and reassemble?  Or should I relocate to between the
headrests?

I hate to think of cutting up the cockpit module but I gather
it=99s been done before for example to take you split
tanks.

Will