Re: Europa-List: fuel level sensor under the headrest

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fuel level sensor under the headrest
From: richard <rcollings@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 11:23:54
Will Hi .
As you have got this far I would suggest you flush out the tank with
fuel as well as you can using the two tank drains and buy yourself a
large bag of replacement filter screens and go with it. Watch the
filters [the standard ones under the seat] like a hawk and change very
regularly for the first 50hrs. Also after you have completed the test
flight program I would make a point when re-fuelling of filling up right
to the top so that the whole of the inside has a good flush.Loose tank
material is translucent when wet with fuel which makes it very difficult
to see so if in doubt just change the filter. If like me you have no
valve between the fuel tank and the filter then buy a brake hose squeeze
tool =C2=A36 or =C2=A37 from Halfords makes the job easy.
Also an after thought, have you got a fuel pressure gauge if not fit one
 =C2=A350 peace of mind and practice changing to reserve tank [different
filter].
Good luck regards Richard