Re: Europa-List: Re: Winching attachment points to Tri Gear for Traileri

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Winching attachment points to Tri Gear for Trailering
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 12:11:13
Alan,
All flying tails are powerful, easy to trim, simple to construct and
give excellent pilot feedback and can increase the CG range.  But not
intuitively obvious as to their design.
Barn door hinges on stabilizer/elevator are OK too, can be lighter,
easier to mount, but require more area in many cases based on CG range
and tail power required, and  when balanced, are as heavy as a flying
tail.  At the extremes of the CG range, the drag is higher on this
control surface than a stabilator.

I will stick to stabs.

Bud