RE: Europa-List: Re: Winching attachment points to Tri Gear for Traileri

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Winching attachment points to Tri Gear for Trailering
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 13:37:13

Hi Roland=2C
My fuselage is currently with the Rotax agent for engine repairs. However
=2C the eyebolts should be easy to visualize: they are just aft and inboard
 of the leg entry points and very close to the leg fairing when installed.
When you installed the legs=2C you probably remember the socket you had to
bond in first ? You want to make sure that you drill through the base plate
 of this socket and not just through fibreglass.I found the eyebolts at a c
handlers shop for marine applications.
Karl

> Subject: Europa-List: Re: Winching attachment points to Tri Gear for Trai
lering
> From: schmidtroland@web.de
> Date: Tue=2C 7 Aug 2012 01:34:05 -0700
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>

> Karl=2C
>
> do you by chance have a (close up) of your arrangement (both sides)? I 'm
 also trailering my aircraft and use the torque tube for winching the aircr
aft backwards on the trailer=3B but this solution (although working princip
ally well) is not satisfactory in the long run due to structural concerns.