Re: Europa-List: enigma EFIS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: enigma EFIS
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:55:44
Craig,
I am looking at the installation in an Apollo Fox, and so far these are
the comments:

The fittings are very delicate, and easily broken.
It is very light in weight and high on features but flimsey.
    Support wires and tubes coming off the unit.
Engine readouts seem accurate, but the company installing it did no
calibration to speak of.

Support is distant.  Should it break down, you are looking at a long
term grounding.

In-flight:
I've flown with it and it appears to be quite readable, but very busy.
I find I have to look at the unit and focus to get the information that
used to take only a glance.
Like any electronic component, learn the buttons.

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations