Re: Europa-List: Firewall Insulation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Firewall Insulation
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:08:38

Troy,
I installed the firewall insulation with aluminum reflexive coat facing forward,
first.
Then drilled holes through it and the firewall where necessary for wires etc.
Mounting
the starter relay etc on the side of the battery for the classic (starboard)
and the rectifier etc on the other side (port) of the plenum chamber. I
mounted them on an aluminum plate away from the firewall, the thickness of the
insulation by installing washers between the firewall and plate.
The plate also can be grounded for all necessary grounding of electrical
components.
I also installed sound proofing throughout the cabin including the aft side of
the firewall. Again do this first.

Hope it is of help.

Tim
--