Re: Europa-List: Another question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Another question
From: Rocketman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 17:53:02

Steve Hagar wrote:

>Jeff:
>
>I had the same issue with the stuff.  Since it is real expensive I hate to
>throw the stuff out and spend about $130 to buy a new batch.  I wound out
>making a sample lap joint coupon and pulled it on an instron tensile test
>machine. The fiberglass broke before the joint came apart.  So if you want
>to see if  it still has its strength make a lap joint about 1" wide  and
>layer up some fiberglass in the thickness you are planning on bonding. Do a
>tensile test.  If the fiberglass breaks before the joint, you have good
>stuff.
>
>Steve Hagar
>A143 Mesa, AZ

Steve,

Performed the same test, yesterday, with the same results.  The
fiberglass separated, leaving the joint intact.  Set the tailplane
torque tube bushings, yesterday and checked them today.  Looks like
they'll stay in place.  Thanks for the response...

--
Jeff - N55XS Tri-Gear.  Just getting started...