Re: Europa-List: Take off power tests

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Take off power tests
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 12:14:08

Paul, I have found no occasion (with my 914) that I need full power for 5
mins other than the PFA flight test, and I would be very cautious about
planning 5 mins full power on the ground. It is extremely easy to overheat
the engine, particularly when new and the rough edges haven't yet worn off
the moving parts. Regards David Joyce G-XSDJ