RE: Europa-List: Take off power tests

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Take off power tests
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:10:31

Has anyone ever tried to check amount of static thrust during a high power
run up? A friend once put a large capacity spring pull scale between my
Challenger ultralight and a fixed object to check the amount of thrust
before first flight. Don't recall what the figure was but it was apparently
enough with the 52 horse Rotax. Just curious.