Re: Re: Firewall Panels

Subject: Re: Re: Firewall Panels
From: Dave Simpson <DaveSimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 19:06:21
John (& Martin,)

I had much the same problem with my stbd. rudder pedals fouling the
stbd.footwell side.  It turned out that I had old type pedals (I'm builder
no. 47) which could not fit.  On calling the factory they confessed to the
un-notified change and sent a second, shorter, set which then fitted
properly.  The difference between the two types is 237 mm and 248 mm as
measured on the lateral tube from its outboard end to the inside surface of
the connecting flange.  That 11 mm makes all the difference.

Good luck

Dave Simpson #47

----------
> From: JohnJMoran@aol.com
> Subject: Re: Re: Firewall Panels
> Date: 25 August 1998 15:47
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> Did you set the distance between the footwell and the rudder pedal to
1.5in
> per the manual?  This sets the angle of the pedal arms so that they will
clear
> the firewall. The manual allows this to be set as low as 0.6in which
would
> improve clearance, although cable stretch in use could then become a
problem.
> My original cables were a bit short and caused the arms to contact the
> firewall at the extreme positions.  I used turnbuckles near the aft end
of the
> cables to allow precise adjustment and to allow compensating easily for
cable
> stretch in use.
>
> The holes in the firewall for the cables on my installation were similar
> those in the drawings except that because I used two Nicopress's on the
end I
> had to open the top of the stbd hole a bit to pass the rear Nicopress.
The