Trailer

Subject: Trailer
From: John O'Connor <jpoc@ulm.netsurf.de>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 07:03:06
It looks as though I shall be buying a car trailer in the next couple of
months. If my plans for later this year work out, later on, I shall need
a trailer suitable for a Europa XS.

Does anyone know if it is feasible to use one trailer for both purposes?

The most obvious route would be to get a standard car trailer and then
build a removeable rig to carry the aircraft. Has anyone tried this? Any
thoughts on what would make a good or bad trailer to use as a starting
point?

Alternatively, could the factory trailer be modified for the carriage of
a car? Clearly there are weight issues here but the cars that I need to
transport are only a little heavier than the MTOW of a Europa.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

John