Europa-List: Re: of interest

Subject: Europa-List: Re: of interest
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 07:32:29

Thanks Bud. Nice write-up and good points regarding finishing.

Regarding paint your point is correct. With the Kolb I did what you suggest. I
did all the prepping up to primer at home (gave me all the time in the world to
correct problems, fine sand everything, etc) and then I took it to a friends
shop with a spray booth and applied the final coat (single stage PPG Durathane).

Ended up with a show finish and it still looks like new today after 20 years.

Good points on LSA. Right now no medical issues and since I was flying for an
airline
until not too long ago I had a first class. In my last medical renewal
I opted to go down to third to keep it simple since I don't fly commercial
anymore
(was starving and had to go back to Engineering :) ) It's good to know what
options are available as you get older.

Anyway, thanks. at my end I started to play with the engine install so pretty
exciting
stuff (and a bit more fun that just fiberglass work). Reading your write-ups
regarding water pump modification, ring mount install, etc).

Best,
Chris

Read this topic online here: