Europa-List: 914 Oil pressure

Subject: Europa-List: 914 Oil pressure
From: Dean Seitz <daseitz@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 16:25:56

My 914 has developed a fluctuation on the oil pressure gauge recently. I
have a UMA 1 1/2" gauge with the rotax sender. The gauge is very sensitive
and will fluctuate wildly sometimes. I tried another sender with same
results. No wiring problem found anywhere. Today I installed a mechanical
oil pressure gauge to see what it did. While flying it does fluctuate a
little, not wildly like the electric probably due to the dampening effect of
the very small diameter long oil line going to the gauge. It looks like the
problem is in the oil system not the gauge.
Has anyone had this kind of bouncing of the oil pressure in their 914?
What did you find was the cause?

Thanks

Dean Seitz
N284A  XS Tri  914 Airmaster CS