Re: Europa-List: 914 Oil pressure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Oil pressure
From: ivor.phillips <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 13:05:47

Hi Dean

Check the oil pressure relief valve is not sticking, Or the spring isn't
damaged, At the same time i would change the oil and filter, I would use the
genuine Rotax oil filter, Another possibility is air is being drawn in to
the oil galley, Between the oil tank and pump, Also check the rubber sealing
ring on top of the oil tank.

http://www.ultralightnews.ca/rotax912/912-914oilPump.htm

Oil Filters
Only the Rotax-recommended oil filter (part 825 701) should be used. Only
those filters assure the correct pressure for bypass valve operation. Other
filters have less filtering surface and are not made to withstand the high
oil pressures the Rotax 4-stroke engines operate at.

To be avoided:

  a.. Any other filter than Rotax part 825 701. There are no equivalents or
substitutes!
  b.. Contrarily to what some rumours would like you to believe, Rotax does
not authorize the use of any other filter!

Subject: Europa-List: 914 Oil pressure

. Today I installed a mechanical
> oil pressure gauge to see what it did. While flying it does fluctuate a
> little, not wildly like the electric probably due to the dampening effect
> of
> the very small diameter long oil line going to the gauge. It looks like
> the
> problem is in the oil system not the gauge.

Ivor Phillips