Tyre Deflation

Subject: Tyre Deflation
From: Dino Baker <DBA@biomed.fmc.flinders.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:24:11
Hello All,

My main tyre went flat suddenly overnight. It was fitted for about 18
months whilst building the plane. The cause of the deflation was the
inner-tube at the base of the valve stem being very thin and
splitting. I am sending it to the factory for investigation. Could
this be the cause of previous tyre deflations on other aircraft?

Now about my previous message on engine priming before the first
start. There were no comments, probably because I forgot to mention
that the 'Oil' system needs proper priming. The procedure is not in
the Rotax manual.

Regards,
John Baker.
(almost finished wiring)