Re: Europa-List: Re: Considering a few mods. Opinions?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Considering a few mods. Opinions?
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 16:23:02

Curious, how is it supported in the back?  Mine is spaced away from the
firewall.

Thx!
PeteZ

> On Mar 27, 2023, at 4:11 PM, n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> BTW, I did a little number crunching of my own. I measured all the templates
I used to cut the airbox sound deadening material and calculated the weight for
the Noico material I used.

> 0.6 kg or 1.3 lbs. It is significant for a single component but for now I'll
keep it.

> Regarding the effect of this additional mass on the carburetor mounts, the
> airbox
is well supported on the back. But that's not to say it has no effect on
the carb rubber mounts so I will just double the inspections on that area.