Europa-List: Re: Considering a few mods. Opinions?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Considering a few mods. Opinions?
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 12:57:35

Air spilled from the intake duct looks terrible.

I also have the duct open on the lower starboard side of the cowling. I guess
that
is there for the 914 but I kept it open because it seems to provide some cool
air to the oil tank area and rear of the engine. I dare to say it may even
augment the flow through the exit a little. My cooling system is working very
well so afraid to change anything at this point.

I am planning to remove the gills on the top cowling and make that area smooth.
I have them closed right now and it seems to me they probably just add
turbulence
to the air going over them.

Chris

Read this topic online here: