Re: Europa-List: OVP

Subject: Re: Europa-List: OVP
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 08:34:29

Curious, what is a bit?

> On Dec 18, 2022, at 8:28 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> So my snazzy BandC voltage regulator is outputting a bit of AC and getting
> hot.
To be fair newish means 3 years old.  The BandC includes and OVP unit.   I
am assuming that this is a manufacturing issue since this was one of the first
produced.

> So my question is who has overvoltage protection AND expensive avionics?
>
> I had an old style OVP with a relay/crowbar etc which I stupidly trashed when
I got my new BandC so I cant simply put it back in.

> So should I put in my old but (fully functional) rotax regulator and fly
> without
OVP pending the arrival of my new (and hopefully improved) BandC or just be
patient.?   (My name is Will and Im a flying addict)