Europa-List: OVP

Subject: Europa-List: OVP
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 08:21:37
So my snazzy BandC voltage regulator is outputting a bit of AC and getting
hot.  To be fair =9Cnewish=9D means 3 years old.  The BandC inc
ludes and OVP
unit.   I am assuming that this is a manufacturing issue since this was one
of the first produced.

So my question is who has overvoltage protection AND expensive avionics?

I had an old style OVP with a relay/crowbar etc which I stupidly trashed
when I got my new BandC so I cant simply put it back in.

So should I put in my old but (fully functional) rotax regulator and fly
without OVP pending the arrival of my new (and hopefully improved) BandC or
just be patient.?   (My name is Will and Im a flying addict)

--
William Daniell
LONGPORT