Re: Europa-List: Trutrak AP with Garmin GPS 18x 5Hz

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trutrak AP with Garmin GPS 18x 5Hz
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 16:59:02
On 2022-11-20, at 16:22, Dpc <dpc@knightonweb.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for this update. Very helpful indeed.
>
> I have been offered a Garmin Aera 500 which would be a much neater and
smaller GPS input source than my Skymap IIIC. Would you happen to know
if the Aera would have the necessary output for the Trutrak?

David - it=99s my understanding that the Aera 500 would drive the
TruTrak OK. Way back in 2009-11-05 I logged in my build journal:

=9CNote that the just-announced Garmin aera 500 touchscreen GPS
appears to offer more screen area in a smaller box than the 296, and to
have superseded it (the 296 has disappeared from the Garmin website),
and Transair already have it listed at a lower price than the 296 - ho
hum.=9D

So it looks as though I had at that time checked the capability of the
Aera 500 to drive my TruTrak wing leveller and found it to be
compatible. I was just disappointed that it was =9Cnicer=9D,
smaller and cheaper than the GPSmap 296 to which I had already
committed!

in friendship

Rowland