Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week - 08/11/

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week - 08/11/22
From: Brian Phillips <barp99@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 19:05:03
Bud,

Thanks very much for your explanations below, a great read and very
illuminating. I didn't realize you had done work with Jason Parker.
Agree with everything you have said. The 914's running upward of 60" MP,
effectively doubling their mas flow, I can't see how they would not
ping, blow head gaskets and hole pistons, scary stuff.
On your first line, you mention 2.27, i'm assuming a simple typo and
meant 2.43. As the weight of the 914 is pretty much the same as the
912Is, and based on your numerous advice, a 914 is the go if I can put
up with those silly carby things. I spent many years playing with
Holleys, I thought I was over ever having to rebuild of fault find these
things : )

Cheers
Brian Phillips

<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.matronics.com%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fp%3D508643%23508643&data=05%7C01%7C%7C1c66837585c94c66deb708dac57d77d8%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638039439947308794%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=S63Iw%2FyNFWgDsWtPKnRxzwdXvOpu3Br48y58NMCnpok%3D&reserved=0>