Europa-List: Wing Pin ?Play=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=9D?

Subject: Europa-List: Wing Pin ?Play=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=9D?
From: JDA <johndavidamos@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 00:33:24

My rear wing pin (wing root, near trailing edge) has a tiny amount of play, as
if it is rocking within its thread. It also rotates a few degrees either side
of vertical. The pin should be held within its threads by Redux 420 or Loctite
243: perhaps rigging forces have disturbed this bond? As far as I can determine,
the surrounding wing reinforcing structure is sound. For info, I have the
original classic foam wings, and have both Mod 52 (gross weight increase) and
Mod 74 (rear wing attachment reinforcement) embodied. Mod 74 calls for a washer
and nyloc nut to be fitted to the rear of the pin: this makes pin removal
impossible
short of digging into the wing itself to access the nut. However, this
suggests to me that the pin is still able to withstand the drag and anti-drag
forces. Questions: do others have similar play in the wing pins? Is it
acceptable?
Any repair ideas?

Read this topic online here: