Europa-List: Re: Black Plastic Static Vent

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Black Plastic Static Vent
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 18:51:58

Supposedly the holes should be 6x the diameter of the tube from the tip. My
system
suffers from low pressure on static line which results on high IAS at high
speeds. Probably because the holes are in a low pressure area as the air
separates
---From the tube because of the tip.

Anyway, thought of drilling holes on the steel farther back but a little afraid
of buggering everything up so I ordered some 1/8" ID brass tubing and will
reattach
the original tip using the tube inside and some JB weld. My hope is that
it will be a little stronger but with the negative consequence of gouging my
head up worse next time :)

Chris

Read this topic online here: