Re: Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt sto

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt stop
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies44@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 11:44:28
I am sure we all agree that this is a human factors issue involving basic
piloting procedures and should not need fixing, but there have now been 8
instances of doors departing the aircraft and the last one involved impact
damage to the tail plane and the AAIB demanding action.  Not sure why
Europa are not leading the charge but this is a relatively low cost easy
thing to do.  The LAA are even creating a Mod kit which they do not need to
to do.  There is also the option of a DiY fix.  A lot of work has gone on
behind the scenes on this.

Regards

Brian Davies

Virus-free.