Re: Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt sto

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt stop
From: Pete Zut <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 19:01:36
a side note:  the door strut repositioning does still bow the door out over
time - but in the middle of the arc now instead of the corner.

I have a solution in mind to eliminate any gas strut pressure on the door
when fully closed: a small overcenter cam mounted in the channel that
receives the end of the gas strut as the door is closed. This will keep all
the compressed strut pressures in the fuse channel...... assuming the
channel's geometry can take the pressures and not also distort over time -
I guess I'll find out ;-)

Cheers,
PeteZ