Re: Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 11:02:41
stop

The reality is that some doors continue to be lost , which poses a direct risk
to third parties. Maybe it's just a*se-covering, but I don't see it as
unreasonable,
even through I object to the increase in weight, wetted area and drag!!

Duncan McF.
> On 05 November 2021 at 10:18 John Wighton <john@wighton.net> wrote:
>

> My opinion on this MPD (not that there appears to have been any consultation
about it):-

> An MPD for a checklist item?  OK, I can see the implications of not shutting
the door can be serious, but so could many other things that are on the
CHECKLIST.

> Will we need to tie a long piece of string to the pitot cover (to remind us to
remove it) or to the control locks?

> I have taxied out with the door ajar (I stick my arm out and hold onto the
> external
door handle) but have a check item that reminds me to close the door and
latch it.  DOORS CLOSED & LATCHED.

> The rear pin is prone to miss its hole if the weather is warm (doors expand
> and
try to straighten themselves), but having a pin-stop external to the aircraft
is not desirable.

> The LAA has taken the lead on this, does anybody know what Europa Aircraft is
not supporting this MPD?  How about progress with the MUUW increase and the BRS
Mod?