Europa-List: Re: TriGear - storage at home vs on an airfield

Subject: Europa-List: Re: TriGear - storage at home vs on an airfield
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 00:08:22

Hi Pete,

I own a Trigear for more than 10 years now and rig/derig it anytime I go flying.
I have a customized enclosed trailer and a rigging aid which enables me to
handle
the plane completely by myself. I think most of the hassle mentioned comes
if not used to the process (I fly very regular every 10-14 days). If you do
it that often, rigging the Europa Trigear is a walk in the park. It saves me
a lot of money for hangarage, fuelprices at the airfield are higher, prevents
hangar rash completely, you can service it at home where you have all tools at
hand, have the additional peace of mind for having the ability to rescue it from
everywhere when stranded due to a technical glitch, bring it to any shop for
maintenance almost completely independent of the weather etc. etc.

I'd do it anytime again. Remember - the Europa was designed from scratch to be
kept at home by Ivan Shaw :-)

Regards
Roland
XS TG 914