RE: Europa-List: TriGear - storage at home vs on an airfield

Subject: RE: Europa-List: TriGear - storage at home vs on an airfield
From: Steve Ivell <SteveIvell@pestproof.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 09:20:36

Hi Peter

FWIW I used to fly a Rans S6 many years ago which had folding wings/tailplane.
It was the only way we could get hangarage.

It was a relatively simple rig/de-rig and it was a the airfield but it really
took
a lot of the joy out of flying. It also meant that when you might go flying
locally for an hour on a nice summers evening  the whole rigging issue clouded
that.

As Bud Yearley regularly reminds us flying aircraft isn't cheap and penny
pinching
is a recipe for disaster.

All things considered I would never consider keeping an aircraft at home. If I
couldnt afford it I would buy a share in a syndicate machine or find another
cheaper
way to fly such as paramotor, paraglider, hag glider.

Kind Regards

Steve Ivell
G-STES
Mob: 07971 128842