Europa-List: Re: Vents (again)

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Vents (again)
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 11:32:59

Will,

It actually does. I tried it out in the sun, it was around 80 something and I
locked
the canopy. It kept the cockpit at a good temperature for 15 minutes, then
the ice was gone.

Keep in mind this is not just blowing air over the ice, it circulates the water
in contact with the ice through a coil and then blows the air through the coil.
So it doesn't add moisture. But also remember it's not a full blown AC so
limited
BTU. It did keep the cockpit at a nice fresh temperature.

But I am not sure how practical it can be. For local flights sure. The idea is
that you only use it on the ground and then turn it off in the air to save ice.
But if you go on a breakfast trip, will de ice be there by the time you need
it on the way back?

The jury still out. I think it will probably be too much hassle and at some
point
it doesn't get used but I will try this summer. We all know how hot Florida
can be :)

Chris

Read this topic online here: