Europa-List: Re: Question for European friends re E10 car fuel

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Question for European friends re E10 car fuel
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 02:45:25

If i may add my own two-pennarth on this topic:-

It is a myth that particular brands of fuel in the UK always have the same mix
of additives - including ethanol content.

The forecourt owners (who might be a single fuel station or number of them
dotted
around a region), are the ones who specify the mix that gets loaded at the
refinery (i know because i asked MRH Driving Retail Group - who operate several
forecourts in my area - about how they choose the fuel they sell).  It's also
not uncommon to find a particular forecourt changing its offer and re-branding
---From e.g. Shell to e.g. Jet.

So I suggest that if an Esso branded pump at a particular forecourt has a track
record of no ethanol, it is much more likely that its that way because of the
forecourt owners choices at that location than due to the brand being shown on
the pump.

Read this topic online here: