Europa-List: Re: Question for European friends re E10 car fuel

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Question for European friends re E10 car fuel
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 16:02:00

Hello Steve,

One of the joint owners of the Eurofox said he gave it to a daughter (or
granddaughter,
not sure) who is a scientist in the petrochemical industry, to be tested.
I never saw the results, but was given to understand that the fuel was stale.
Furthermore when the fuel was put into a mower, the mower wouldn't run.

After the Eurofox only just managed to land unscathed back on the runway, I
personally
got involved with the draining and fuel replacement and saw the samples
taken for testing. Naturally the garage owner hotly denied any suggestion that
his tank was to blame.

This was all personally witnessed.

And I still want European pilots and owners of EU based aircraft with Rotax
engines,
either Europas or other types to answer please. Experiences, anecdotal or
otherwise, from UK sources aren't what I'm after, although I appreciate your
concern. Thank you.

Read this topic online here: