RE: Europa-List: Re: arplast pv 50

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: arplast pv 50
From: Pete Jeffers <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 09:56:35

Re Arplast PV50 bearings.  Which ones are you talking about.  Are you
talking about the main blade root bearings or the little bearing that the
pitch change lead screw runs in? Both are available from your local bearing
suppliers and are not too expensive.  I used to get them from a company
called Bearing Traders.
If you intend to change the large blade root bearings please note that this
involves removal of the blade drive dog and subsequent resetting of same
when re assembling.  You will need to make a jig to locate the dog correctly
before reassembly. We used to need to send back to manufacturers in France
to carry out this job correctly but they are not in business now so you will
have to do it yourself.  If you get this wrong you will end up with each
blade at a different pitch. Not good. You will also have to reset the fine
and coarse limit switches. Once more not a happy job, but doable with
patience.
All this is why I now have a Woodcomp propeller.
Pete