Europa-List: Re: Weight and Balance question

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Weight and Balance question
From: JohnFrance <77alembert@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 02:18:32

John,
Weight and balance is an interesting subject and everyone has their opinion on
whats best.
While a datum of 29,25 forward of the joggle might seem strange initially, it
could
have been 30 or any other number forward of the entire aircraft. This simplifies
the calculation by only having to deal with positive number and thus reducing
the likelihood of errors when calculating.
The 2 examples I found in the LAA document you gave a link to showed a
Cloudpusher
aircraft with the datum 3191mm forward of the C of G which put it on the nose
of the aircraft and a Sportster with the datum 70 in front of the leading
edge, a small distance in front of the aircraft.

I dont think Ivan or Andy were far off the mark, or maybe 0,75 for a whole
number.

--------
Europa mono Nr 192

Read this topic online here: