Re: Europa-List: Ethanol in fuel. What about Brazil?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ethanol in fuel. What about Brazil?
From: Steve Ivell <SteveIvell@pestproof.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 01:52:48
Hi Brian

The Rotax engine isn't the problem..... it's the engine ancillaries. So....
 providing we use ethanol proof rubber components there shouldn't be too ma
ny problems. And I have.

The LAA saying we mustn't use fuel with any ethanol in it is unfair as the
petrol stations don't even know if there is ethanol in their own fuel, and
the engine doesn't really care.....it still works fine.

UL91 isn't readily available locally to me so why should I have to waste ti
me and fuel flying to an airfield that has UK??

I'll be using mogas and taking appropriate precautions.

Kind Regards

Steve Ivell