Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 and Dynon comparability to calculate actual

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 and Dynon comparability to calculate actual
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 10:23:50

Tony,

A couple of maintenance ideas.

We have FloScan transducers, not red cube.  A couple times there has apparently
been some small debris caught in them resulting in unusual readings.  The guys
at GRT gave us the tip to reverse the flow thru each one to clean it.  So ours
are mounted on the stbd side footwell where we can easily get to them and switch
the hoses to reverse the flow.

We found that our FloScan transducers work more reliably when mounted to a solid
surface, not suspended in a fuel line.

Finally, the pumps for a 914 have a small filter screen on the inlet.  You can
carefully remove these and we do every year during inspection.  Often there is
a little debris in there.  So plan your installation to make removing the pumps
not too difficult.  But be careful, we haven't been able to find a place to
purchase the screens if you destroy one.  You have to purchase the whole pump!

Jim & Heather

Read this topic online here: