alterntive rotax regulator [was: Re: Europa-List: Re: Is there any reaso

Subject: alterntive rotax regulator [was: Re: Europa-List: Re: Is there any reason
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 14:53:07

On 2020-05-16, at 13:02, Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:

> I looked over the instructions, and looks quite straightforward......i think
tho ill keep it in my back pocket as plan B in case an AVC1 purchase doesn't pan
out (the overall effort due to its pcb and parts lead-times are detractors
for me).  The over-voltage feature of the AVC1 is also quite tempting :)

I had a look over the instructions, and downloaded the additional linked
documents,
mainly as an academic exercise.

The show-stopper for me is that the PCB board design file is apparently created
in EAGLE v3 and that cannot be opened by any version of Eagle currently found
in the wild (tried v9.6.1 & 5.12.0, both run fine on my Mac but refuse to open
the file). Looks like the board was designed on a machine still running DOS!

Does Jim Butcher have a way of opening the file, or is there any way of
contacting
the author to see if he can translate the file to anything more modern?

My efforts to find a solution through the AutoDesk EAGLE help forum have hit a
brick wall.

in friendship

Rowland