Europa-List: Post cure oven ideas

Subject: Europa-List: Post cure oven ideas
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 07:57:55

Gidday,
Its come the time for me to fill and sand my tailplanes. The manual throws up an
immediate impediment to post cure them, wish Id thought about that over summer
because I could have just put them in the roof of my house which on a 40 degree
day would have easily got to 50+ degrees Celsius, I think 50-55 degrees is
the goal, if my memory serves me correctly, and yes I will check. Making an
oven just for the tailplanes, does anyone have a suggestion of the best way to
do this? I have an idea to use structural flooring plywood to make up a box and
put a blow heater in there, plus thermometers and some way to swirl the air
around so there are no hotspots. Thats not going to be easy to temperature
control,
so I was hoping builders might offer up ways I could do this, without it
becoming a pizza oven into the future, keeping it simple would be a nice goal,
of mine.
I do recall that the process is important that the temperature be ramped up
slowly,
and cooled down slowly, is that what others think too? Any help on ovens
gratefully considered.
Regards
Tony Renshaw