Europa-List: Re: 914 Battery Locations

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 914 Battery Locations
From: budyerly@msn.com <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 13:26:58

Tony,
If CG is a concern with the 914/Airmaster combination and a heavier instrument
panel is planned then the footwell installation may be a bit far forward for a
AGM battery.  I put my TCU in a cover on the stbd. foot well.  So my battery
is in the rear.  CG is right at 60 inches on my trigear.  Most of my planes have
the battery in the rear.

Many photos of one of my installations are available but not for the forum
format
due to size and number.  Contact me at budyerly@msn.com and we'll do a package
of photos for you to get some ideas if you go to a battery box in the rear
method.

If you use Dropbox, it is easier than normal on line attachments to send larger
photo packages.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations, Inc.