RE: Europa-List: 914 Battery Locations

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914 Battery Locations
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 14:13:23

Hi! Tony,
 Went through this mill with so many suggestions it was distressing. Take my
word for what its worth. Nearest the starter is the order of the day . That
is on top of the passenger foot well, which puts you within about 12 inches
of the starter.
I had two Odessy batteries wired in parallel and used a solenoid arrangement
to power up the whole system.
Although I did have the foresight to get the uprated Rotax starter  it never
took more than a dab on the starter button and none of the horrible wing
flapping so often heard on other systems. I tried your suggestion
.....behind the P1 seat under the luggage bay and had zero success. In fact
I became so pissed off I disregarded all other suggestions and decided to
use my own brains and bingo. However the solenoid mustn't be left ON over
night because it drains about two amps ......and continuously over say 12
hours then it will flatten the batteries. As far as C of G issues then just
remember if you can't start the bloody engine you are going no where anyway!

Best Wishes

Bob Harrison .