Europa-List: Re: Container contingency

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Container contingency
From: Hitchflight <bobhitchcock@icloud.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 08:15:38

Hi Jonathon and the three others that replied off list.

Good input. Thank-you.

What has become clear is how seemingly perfect it would be for the Tri-Gear.
But,
in my case,  being a tail-dragger with a Singleton tailwheel  removing the
rudder doesnt bring a big advantage. See picture. The Singleton tailwheel
projects
a long way beyond the fuselage. Furthermore the rakish angle of the Mono
on the ground also consumes marginally more of the available length inside the
Container compared to the Tri-Gear.

Noting  in the ideal circumstance I would not want to remove a control surface.

Nevertheless  it has been a good exercise. A 20 foot container is great
contingency
option. Thanks to all for the advice.

And for the record I love the Singleton tailwheel. It is just so much more
forgiving
than its predecessors.

Regards

Bob