Re: Europa-List: Old Ampreg 20 & Redux 420

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Old Ampreg 20 & Redux 420
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 21:07:18

Hello Duncan, quite some time now since we had the pleasure of staying
with you . . .

I find your comment interesting as I think I could be a victim of your
findings.
Could you enlarge on how the defects become manifest please.

Best regards
Kingsley in Oz

On 06.10.19 10:49 pm, D McFadyean wrote:

> If there are crystals in the hardner (which can be too fine to see easily),
> these
will tend to be the source of paint defects where located immediately under
the paint film in any filler made with this old epoxy.
> It might be possible to redissolve these crystals back in to the hardner prior
to use, by means of gentle heating.