Re: Europa-List: Old Ampreg 20 & Redux 420

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Old Ampreg 20 & Redux 420
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 13:49:56

If there are crystals in the hardner (which can be too fine to see easily),
these
will tend to be the source of paint defects where located immediately under
the paint film in any filler made with this old epoxy.
It might be possible to redissolve these crystals back in to the hardner prior
to use, by means of gentle heating.

Duncan McF.

> On 06 October 2019 at 11:02 flyingphil2 <philipjtiller@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hello everyone,
>
> After a few years playing with another type of 'Euro' aircraft, I'm now
> helping
someone with their Tri-Gear kit.
> I'm doing an inventory and of course have got a load of out of date Ampreg 20
and Redux 420.  The Ampreg 20 expired in 2002 and the Redux 420 in 2003.

> I'm sure this is all destined for the bin but 'Europa folklore' suggests that
the Ampreg could be used for surface filling of the control surfaces.  Is this
true?  Will it still go off and can it still be used for non structural
purposes?
I note it's the '20' and so understand that for H&S reasons we may want
to use 21 instead.