Europa-List: Do I need an inspection hole with Mod 10303?

Subject: Europa-List: Do I need an inspection hole with Mod 10303?
From: rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 00:41:05

Hi Group

I just completed Europa Club Useful Mod 10303 Flap Pin Guide on my Mono XS and
it works great. Pay no attention to position of spherical bearing, just push
wing
in place and like magic all is great.

Kudos to Mr. Bishop.

Question: Do I need a hole on the top of Flap Root to inspect and see if Flap
Drive
Tube is engaged?

Ron P.

Hints for anyone wanting to do this Mod: I turned one side of the alignment
spigot
(.003") less than the OD of my Flap Cross Drive Tube. When I fabricated Profiled
Guide Ring (out of 7075 aluminium), I bored till my Spigot barely slid
in place when Ring was about 100F from turning. I scuff sanded ID of ring and
OD of Flap Drive tube, heated Ring with heat gun and Loctite 638 in place. I
turned
a scrap of aluminium to act as a install tool with pocket for spherical
bearing. The ring is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Read this topic online here: