RE: Europa-List: Re: fuel odor in the cockpit

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: fuel odor in the cockpit
From: roddyeuropa@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 08:01:20

Something else you can try is pressurise the tank (a very small amount!) and
listen for leaks, assuming you can do this in a quiet place. This worked for
me, Turned out to be the gasket on the fuel sender. At about .5 psi you
could hear the hiss of escaping air. I think I did this using a valve from a
bike tyre, connected to the vent with some rubber tubing.
Roddy Kesterton
G-IKRK

-----Original Message-----From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
<owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com> On Behalf Of h&amp;jeuropa
Sent: 23 September 2019 16:03
Subject: Europa-List: Re: fuel odor in the cockpit

To locate exactly where your leak is, purchase a kit that has dye that you
put into the fuel.  You then use a black light and goggles to find exactly
where the  leak is located.  The kit is not expensive and works well.  In
the states,  you purchase the kit from an auto parts store.

Jim & Heather

Read this topic online here: