Europa-List: Re: Mono to Taildragger conversion

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Mono to Taildragger conversion
From: John Wighton <john@wighton.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 01:11:05

Duncan (et al),

I am very pleased to support a conversion of one+ aircraft.

Regarding Luc, l fully appreciate his dilemma, l had my CFM Shadow landing gear
mould taken from the moulding company by a person masquerading as myself.
Fortunately
the people/company behind the robbery could not reproduce the (complex)
layup.

For the Europa Mod l was careful to make a plybook of all the plies needed,
these
are in digital form (IGS or DXF format) and can be used to create a kit of
parts either by a nesting/cutter machine or via printed paper templates..  The
installation instructions then give details of the sequence, orientation and
initial 'touch' point of each ply.

The LAA (in their typical way) wanted some additional plies, belt and braces -
although this adds only a few ounces to the build.

The main gear supply issue is a concern, perhaps you can update me via an email
on the status of Europa supply chain, original supplier, etc?

Regards
JW

--------
John Wighton