Europa-List: PC680 battery

Subject: Europa-List: PC680 battery
From: Gary Leinberger <Gary.Leinberger@millersville.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 22:04:44
I just ordered another PC680 for my 912 S Europa. This one lasted almost 5
years. I have had little problem with these batteries, even when using a st
andard automotive battery charger that brings the battery up to about 13.5
or volts. Lately it has only been able to bring the battery up to 12.8 v an
d I have been having problems starting, especially when cold. But today was
 65 degrees F. so I pulled it out, saw the date on it, and bit the bullet.

Does anyone know of a charger that will charge these batteries properly - n
ormally when cold I turn on my engine block heater and put the charger on t
he battery to warm it up and I have no problem. However, I did try an Odess
ey battery charger and it burned up - I was lucky I didn't lose the plane.
Odessey was less than helpful and basically blew me off after admitting tha
t charger model had problems. They apparently dropped that model and brough
t out a new model but I felt a tad nervous about using their charger. Any s
uggestions?

Gary Leinberger

N388SG

Europa A237