Europa-List: a compass question

Subject: Europa-List: a compass question
From: Fred Klein <freddythek10@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:52:22

Along with my Europa kit, I ordered the Navigator compass which was offered as
an accessory at the time of purchase.

I ask because the mounting procedure offers little slacki.e., no second
chance...and
I want to get it right the first time.

And Im wondering what that "optimum position might be?

With only hangar flying experience, my sense is that the best position would be
to mount the adhesive pad provided as high as possible on the windscreen, along
the aircrafts centerline

A different approach would be to rotate the bracket with the mounting pad and
adhere
it to the top of the instrument panel module, again on the aircraft centerline

Or is there, perhaps, another alternative?

Have Europa pilots with in-flight experience settled this question?or has the
digital
world eliminated the need or desirability for whats become a little anachronism?

Advice and counsel appreciated,

Fred
A194