Europa-List: Re: gap between the wing fairings and the fuselage

Subject: Europa-List: Re: gap between the wing fairings and the fuselage
From: BobD <rjd@bobdawson.plus.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 03:52:49

Having read these posts, I used Bowlus 38mm Maxi Tape for the gap between the
wing
roots and fuselage when I first assembled my Europa, and it worked great.
Come the 50 hour inspection, and after removing and replacing the wings, the new
tape I applied both above and below each wing disappeared on the first flight
!
I guess one of the problems was using leading edge cleaner to prepare the
surface,
as this probably made it very slippy. Another may be that it was very cold
during installation. I have seen the suggestions to use lighter fluid to prepare
the surface, and will try this. Would gentle heat also help adhesion ? Any
other tips would be welcome.

--------
Bob Dawson
Europa XS TG || 912 ULS || G-NHRJ || Dynon Skyview || PilotAware || SmartAss3

Read this topic online here: