Europa-List: Re: gap between the wing fairings and the fuselage

Subject: Europa-List: Re: gap between the wing fairings and the fuselage
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 00:39:34

Bob, I tried the same very expensive clear Bowlus tape for sealing those gaps
last
summer. This was very disappointing as there were no measurable speed gain,
it looked ugly and the tape started to get disbonded and flapped in the breeze
after a few weeks. I believe the problem comes from the gaps which move back
and forth with the flexing of the wings. It seems to me that the Bowlus tape
is too thick to handle the stress caused by this flexing. May be a thinner and
therefore more flexible tape would do it better?
Remi

Read this topic online here: